[Ohrrpgce] remaining bugs for calipygous+1

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Thu Apr 28 07:38:21 PDT 2016

On 28 April 2016 at 02:12, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
> What bugs are remaining for callipygous+1?
>
> I remember that the mac terminal wrapper still has to be fixed to work when
> ~/.ohrrpgce/ does not exist, but was there anything else?
>
> Also, so you think I should copy over the changes I did to make menus use
> the whole screen when you maximize? I think those changes are all pretty
> safe, and I have been testing them a lot since I did them. (running
> maximized all the time)
>
> ---
> James

Sure, those changes would be great. We should probably actually
mention that Custom is resizeable in whatsnew, since Mac and Linux
users get that by default.

I fixed the two reported Mac bugs, but while testing on Mac I
immediately noticed two further bugs (I'm surprised noone mentioned
these)

-The window size options don't work at all, because the desktop size
can't be determined (we fall back to using the value from SDL because
I didn't write a mac implementation, but it turns out that SDL just
returns 0*0, at least on my machine). So 2x zoom is used.

-Every time you resize the window (by dragging the window corner), the
window is recentered on the main monitor. Very annoying. gfx_sdl used
to do the same thing on windows and linux and I already fixed it on
those. It's done using envvars in a way that I guess isn't portable.

Other bugs for C+1:

-gfx_directx mouse tracking is still broken when the window is maximised

-workaround when a working#.tmp dir can't be cleaned up on Windows
(the problem reported by Brotoad). This isn't really a new problem in
Callipygous. But previously you would have been told "Couldn't delete
...; you may have to delete it manually", now you get a less
informative error. And we can now silently ignore those directories.

Bonus bugfixes that would be good:

-Add a backcompat bit and fixbit to use unfilteredalt as the menu key.
IIRC this was introduced in Zenzizenzic, and does cause brokenness in
a number of scripted games

-Any bugs.

-Window scaling when launching C.Kane through steam is the wrong size?
But I installed steam under wine and can't reproduce it... not too
surprised about that. Surlaw seriously needs to update the linux
version to Callipygous; the window gets created off-screen and I had
to add ohrrpgce-arguments.txt to run it.