[Ohrrpgce] [ohrrpgce:bugs] #2021 Distribute Game options don't work on Mac

TeeEmCee teeemcee at users.sf.net
Mon Apr 11 03:56:42 PDT 2016

---

** [bugs:#2021] Distribute Game options don't work on Mac**

**Status:** open
**Milestone:** OHRRPGCE
**Created:** Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:56 AM UTC by TeeEmCee
**Last Updated:** Mon Apr 11, 2016 10:56 AM UTC
**Owner:** nobody

Willy Electrix reported that he couldn't package his game into a Mac .app on OSX 10.5; I've tested and confirmed that it doesn't work on 10.8.5 either. Probably the problem is due to switching settings_dir from ~/.ohrrpgce to ~/Application Support./OHRRPGCE/, with the space in the path breaking the Terminal_wrapper.sh script that we use on Mac. I've checked that a space in settings_dir is no problem under Linux.

Other users didn't notice this because if ~/.ohrrpgce already exists then it's not used.

I'll have to try whether hspeak or importing audio also don't work if OHRRPGCE-Custom.app is in a path with spaces.

I think this may worth a Callipygous+1 bugfix release for, in addition to apparently several problems with hspeak not working in the .deb file, although since both are platform-specific there would be no reason for Windows users to get a new version.

Finally, you wouldn't still happen to have an Apple Developer Connection subscription, would you James? Signing the .apps so that Mac users can run them without knwign to right-click them would be nice... or a much more practical solution, we should provide instructions on the Downloads page for getting around Gatekeeper.

---

Sent from sourceforge.net because ohrrpgce at lists.motherhamster.org is subscribed to https://sourceforge.net/p/ohrrpgce/bugs/