[Ohrrpgce] changing some defaults in general.reld

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Wed Sep 9 14:03:17 PDT 2015

After the recent improvements to the virtual gamepad show/hide code, I feel
like I should change the defaults for
general_data.mobile_options.touch_textboxes and
general_data.mobile_options.hide_virtual_gamepad_when_suspendplayer so that
both of them default to YES

After previous discussion regarding the problems of suing a present/absent
reload node as a boolean, I switched to using ints for booleans instead, so
changing the default for
general_data.mobile_options.hide_virtual_gamepad_when_suspendplayer is
going to be no problem.

However, general_data.mobile_options.touch_textboxes is a present=YES
absent=NO node.

I know in many cases it is too late to do anything about these, but I was
thinking that at least for this specific node, it is safe to just clobber
the old value and blanket enable it for all games.

The reason for that is that I think it is rather unlikely that any game
will need to turn this feature off, and this feature definitely does not
need to be turned off for any of the already-released games that have been
ported to Android.

Probably the easiest way to implement this is to
ignore the presence or absence of the
general_data.mobile_options.touch_textboxes and store the actual bool in
general_data.mobile_options.touch_textboxes.enabled

Does that sound agreeable?