[Ohrrpgce] OUYA screen flicker

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Thu Jun 27 19:58:39 PDT 2013

On Fri, Jun 28, 2013 at 01:28:39PM +1200, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
> On 28 June 2013 10:08, James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
> > I ntoiced something when running the ohrrpgce on my OUYA. Since we
> > switched to 320x200 fullscreen resolution, the screen occasionally
> > flickers and jumps. I am not sure what to think of it.
> >
> > ---
> > James
>
> What kind of flickering is it? Sort of like a loose cable? Half a
> black frame (eg something out of sync with vsync)? The whole image
> shifting in one direction?

I am trying to reproduce it now, but it isn't happening anymore. I did
just finish with a mandatory OUYA firmware update, so maybe it got
fixed? I'll keep an eye out for it in the future.

It really did look very much likre what I would expect a loose cable to
look like, but it couldn't have been that because it never happened in
any other game, nor in the menu, but it was very frequent (about every
1 to 5 seconds) any time I played the ohrrpgce.

If it happens again I'll take a video of it with my phone :)