[Ohrrpgce] Android SdlVideoResize=y

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Wed Jun 5 09:53:46 PDT 2013

I was experimenting with the Android build a little. It runs really nice
on the OUYA. Don't Eat Soap goes the full 18.2 fps, and bell of CHaos
runs at a pretty solid 18.1 fps (on the first screen with no enemies, I
couldn't jump)

I change the button mappings. I figured there was no point to mapping
any of the buttons to arrow keys because there is already an arrow key
thingy on the left, so just for testing Bell of Chaos I mapped:

AppTouchscreenKeyboardKeysAmount=4
AppTouchscreenKeyboardKeysAmountAutoFire=0
RedefinedKeysScreenKb="LCTRL LALT RETURN ESCAPE"
RedefinedKeysScreenKbNames="CTRL ALT Enter ESC"

and tested it on a Nexus 7 at work. It played very nicely. Small
slowdown when a lot of stuff is happening, but still totally playable.

One thing I have noticed on all three of the devices I have tested is
that the screen only takes up the top left corner, and that there are
black spaces on the right and bottom, like this:
http://i.imgur.com/O7F3NxB.jpg

I tried setting:

SdlVideoResize=y

But it seemed to make no difference. (and I did remember to increment
AppVersionCode)