[Ohrrpgce] Android port

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sat Jun 1 04:00:54 PDT 2013

http://tmc.castleparadox.com/pics/android-shot2.png

A few more debugging sessions, and I've gotten the port working on a
2.2 phone and 4.2.2 emulator. So far the only brokenness that I've
seen is in the file browser. autotest.rpg passes, though I haven't
tried comparing the screenshots. Although I actually got this far a
week ago, it took me several days to clean things up, e.g. removing
hardcoded paths, fixing the build systems, and fixing various problems
with bad path variables I didn't run into before. I've rewritten the
compile instructions. Do a git pull on both git repositories and
follow the new instructions. Compiling FB actually became more
complicated when I did things the proper way.
http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Compiling_for_Android

I put lots of info on the wiki:
http://rpg.hamsterrepublic.com/ohrrpgce/Android_Port

Here's a precompiled .apk to play with if you want, although it's too
early to be asking for testing.
http://tmc.castleparadox.com/ohr/ohrrpgce-game-2013-06-01.apk
Some of the most obvious problems (see the wiki page for more):
-controls are awkward. But at least you can use the builtin SDL
configuration menu to adjust key bindings and button sizes and
positions
-midi doesn't play, simply because I didn't include instrument patches
for timidity. The suggested patches are 18MB. Can we find a smaller
set?
-directories don't appear in the browser
-there are long pauses in a couple places

On my low end phone I can seemingly play typical games at full speed,
although only just. Bell of Chaos runs at less than 4 fps though.