[Ohrrpgce] SVN: jay/3923 gfx_directx: Fixed shift key problem, for real. :\ Adjusted keyboard inp

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Fri Oct 22 20:09:48 PDT 2010

On Fri, Oct 22, 2010 at 07:58:01PM -0700, subversion at HamsterRepublic.com wrote:
> jay
> 2010-10-22 19:58:01 -0700 (Fri, 22 Oct 2010)
> 407
> gfx_directx: Fixed shift key problem, for real. :\ Adjusted keyboard input to be polled through GetKeyboardState() instead of window messages.
>
> The caps lock, num lock, and scroll lock must not be assigned correctly. The test app gfx_directx_test1.cpp tests positively that they return correctly, but the engine must be expecting different bits to be set?
>
> What bits does the engine expect for a toggle key?

The engine has absolutely no concept of a toggle key. In the QB days, it
expected toggle keys to behave exactly like regular keys. The gfx_fb
backend emulated this.

The gfx_sdl does it the same way except for the CAPSCLOCK key. If I
understand correctly, SDL
itself treats capslock as if it is always being held down when it is in
the ON state.

I am not sure what is best for the gfx_directx backend to do with toggle
keys.

I know we definitely need to fix any places where capslock us used for
silly things. (Is the sprite editor color-picker the only remaining
example of that? I can't remember for sure.)