[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/3886 a work-in-progress editor definition file

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Wed Oct 13 21:07:11 PDT 2010

On Wed, Oct 13, 2010 at 08:27:34PM -0700, Jay Tennant wrote:
> [...]

Thank you for making me google "nescience". I am now that much less
nescient.

I know the idea of an editor-editor-editor *sounds* crazy, especially
since I have not actually started the editor-editor yet, but in the
course of planning and preparing the editor-editor, I have come to
believe that an editor-editor-editor might be exactly the right amount
of indirection to trigger a cascade of awesomeness.

Although maybe I am confusaing things by calling it the
editor-editor-editor. In my mind I have been calling the interpreter for
the editor definition files the "editor-editor" so a tool to create
those files is the editor-editor-editor, but really I should drop a
level of the indirection in my *name* of this thing.

just simply "editor-editor" is a better description of what I have been
talking about when I say "editor-editor-editor"

> > And yes, the idea of using the editor-editor to create the
> > editor-editor-editor has occured to me, but then an 80-year-old version
> > of Ralph with a long silver beard and robotic arms appeared in a time
> > machine and beat me senseless before disappearing in a flash of light.
> > ...Soooo I decided not to attempt that in this particular timeline.
>
> Hmm. Have you tried installing magnets inside the walls? I have nagging
> relatives, and to avoid them I've installed neodymium magnets all over
> the house. Because they have metal fillings, their faces are naturally
> drawn to the walls when they pass by them.
>
> Of course, the side effects include rainbow colored crt's, the wall
> gnomes have become magnetized (or at least that's their excuse for taking
> all my change!), and I occasionally wake up pointing northwards.

I would try that, but I am concerned about how it might interact with my
tinfoil hat.