[Ohrrpgce] FreeBASIC Mac OS X build

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Fri Oct 8 10:25:50 PDT 2010

On Sat, Oct 09, 2010 at 06:08:18AM +1300, Ralph Versteegen wrote:

> Why did we decide against recording the PID of the process and
> deleting the directory if it's no longer running?

At the time that was proposed, I don't think we had a cross-platform way
of detecting PID. I guess we do now?

I think at the time I was also worried about having to check if the
currently running process was actually game, and not something else that
just happened to have been given the same recycled pid-- but I now know
that is a dumb thing to worry about checking. :)