[Ohrrpgce] Proposed port to c++

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Fri Jan 30 13:29:40 PST 2009

On Sat, Jan 31, 2009 at 06:47:15AM +1300, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
> 2009/1/30 James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com>:
> > On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 07:35:08AM +1300, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
> >>
> >> BTW, here is the Class List for the OHR++:
> >> http://ohrpp.castleparadox.com/docs/annotated.html
> >> Is this just what you were thinking of?
> >>

> > That is a nice list! I never noticed those docs before.
> >
> >> Also, think about abstraction of RPG files, assuming that 'File IO'
> >> mean generic IO. Have you looked at the RPG format at all?
> >> http://gilgamesh.dnsalias.org:8080/wiki/ohrrpgce/index.php/RPG_format
> >
> > Gosh darn it, its you, isn't it! Youa re the reason I heep having to
> > renew that old dnsalias.org account ;)
> >
> > Actually, I don't mind the gilgamesh.dnsalias.org name so much, since it
> > does have the unarguable value of being shorter to type than
> > gilgamesh.hamsterrepublic.com but I would dearly love to purge the
> > search-engine bot's caches of any links to the wiki with the :8080 port
> > number, since that requires me to have a special firewall rule for
> > personal purposes on my employer's firewall.
> >
> > Although I am ranting for nothing, since once a thing is on the internet
> > it is INDELIBLE, so I guess it doesn't matter how you link to it :)
> >
> > ---
> > James "Off Topic Man" Paige
>
> :o
> My bookmark to the wiki is many years old, and even Mike has mentioned
> my weird links. I didn't even notice it was a dnsalias link.
>
> Would it be possible to block spiders which try to access the site
> from that link, to scare them off?

Well, I guess the thing to do would be to make that link point to a
different server, which would return an http "301 Moved Permanently"
status together withLocation header that redirects to the new url. It
would be transparent to human browsers, and most robots ought to be
smart enough to take the hint... I just haven't got the time to spend to
set it up.