[Ohrrpgce] Update on Henceforth (OHRRPGCE FMF)

S'orlok Reaves sorlok_reaves at yahoo.com
Tue Jan 20 17:15:34 PST 2009

> The desktop VM looks nice. Gives me the urge - but not the
> time - to play with it.
I'll mail the list when the desktop VM is ready for release. Hope to get some good sample code going, too.

> The VM documentation is really sprawling. Since it's so
> huge I've been
> avoiding reading it until it's done (and even now
> don't see how I'd
> have the time to pick through properly).
Yeah, it's a flaw of the system. I think I'll write an "Introduction to HF" after I integrate it into the game engine. That way, OHR coders like you can have a better context for learning HF.

> I highly advise seeing how the plan for adding types to HS
> goes, and
> then consider whether your design can implement it
You guys are always adding new features; I give you credit for that. I'll definitely need your advice when floating point math sets in.

> though you seem to have
> given strings much thought).
The string format in Henceforth is temporary; I'm 90% sure it _will_ be changed.

All the best,
-->Seth