[Ohrrpgce] SVN: pkmnfrk/2303 Plot sprites! That's right, you can load up arbitrary sprites, and manip

Mike Caron caron.mike at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 16:39:43 PST 2009

Bob the Hamster wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 1, 2008 at 2:45 PM,  <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
>> pkmnfrk
>> 2008-10-01 15:45:51 -0700 (Wed, 01 Oct 2008)
>> 374
>> Plot sprites! That's right, you can load up arbitrary sprites, and manipulate them using plotscripting.
>>
>> Currently, they are placed relative to the screen, not pinned to the map, like was suggested before.
>>
>> Also currently, you can only load hero sprites, but I will be adding the other types as well.
>>
>> I've tested this thoroughly, and everything seems to work like a charm!
>
> Hey, Mike, do you still have whatever test scripts you used when you
> originally developed this? It would help for converting plotsprites to
> slices.

Yeah, I do.

http://taleotc.com/stuff/ffhx.rpg

Never mind what I thought I might have possibly been doing with this
game, it is now simply a test case.

The main attraction is accessed by choosing "Classic Mode" at the
beginning: a character selection process that is vaguely similar to that
of Final Fantasy 1. It uses hero plot sprites to allow one to select
their starting party. The hero sprites are included, but their
walkabouts are not.

If one chooses "Story Mode" instead, you get a rotating arrow icon,
using walkabout plot-sprites. It spin loops forever, but it shows how
one could set up animation.

Enjoy!