[Ohrrpgce] OHRRPGCE Data debugging, rc1

David Gowers 00ai99 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 7 01:30:30 PST 2009

Here's an update on my progress.
The attached module works (for the limited subset of file formats it
currently handles), and contains most of the helper functions and some
of the dtypes, accessible through a dictionary. Various refactoring
will need to happen before release on PyPI; for now, I'm still
migrating code from the doctest into this module while ensuring the
doctest continues to run in the manner it is accustomed.
Expected total module size is 20 - 25k

The changes to memmapped-fileformats.rst merely adapt to use this
module, so I have not included an update for it.

In the meantime I've released my module 'ion'
(http://pypi.python.org/pypi/pyion); mentioning this mainly because
it's the first thing i've released on PyPI. and also because Pixlab
depends on it (ohrrpgce.py won't depend on pixlab, and pixlab will
prove useful if manipulating OHR images or palettes)

I've recently begun substituting 'and' where I might typically use
'but', since after reading an introduction to Lojban, i realized it is
indeed used just like the word 'and' with added annoying
oxymoronicity.

David

---

There is a place and time for everything -- here and now!