[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/2284 Wander: Apply latest fixbits and binsizes.

Ralph Versteegen teeemcee at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 04:19:39 PDT 2008

2008/9/25 James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com>:
> On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 10:18:04PM +1200, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
>> 2008/9/24  <subversion at hamsterrepublic.com>:
>> > james
>> > 2008-09-23 21:04:49 -0700 (Tue, 23 Sep 2008)
>> > 88
>> > Wander: Apply latest fixbits and binsizes.
>> > Spellcheck textboxes.
>> > Add a portrait for Bob
>> > ---
>> > U   games/wander/wander.rpgdir/binsize.bin
>> > A   games/wander/wander.rpgdir/defpal8.bin
>> > U   games/wander/wander.rpgdir/fixbits.bin
>> > U   games/wander/wander.rpgdir/wander.dt0
>> > U   games/wander/wander.rpgdir/wander.dt6
>> > A   games/wander/wander.rpgdir/wander.pt8
>> > U   games/wander/wander.rpgdir/wander.say
>>
>> James! You still haven't fixed the camera glitch in the intro! Trying
>> hard to not forget about it?
>
> Hmmm. Yeah. I remember I was hoping to fix it in the engine... but I
> gave up on that didn't I? Because wandering Hamster and one other game
> were the only two games we could find that exhibit the bug, right?
> Hmmm... My memory is so fuzzy...
>
> ---
> James

The fix is still enabled in WIP while Voxhumana was released with the
bug reenabled. However, it was left fixed in Werewaffle. Which worries
me: in addition to Werewaffle, a lot of people use(d) WIP's, and might
find that the bug breaks their games if it is reenabled again,
while the fix broke Wandering Hamster and possibly other games, but I
don't think we ever found any other game that did.
I think it's too late to safely turn the fix off again, but I'd still
like to see the wait implied by teleporttomap removed (which was a
possible solution to Wander's problem).