[Ohrrpgce] SVN: james/2226 SUBify nextsay GOSUB block as advance_text_box()

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Mon Sep 8 09:40:53 PDT 2008

On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 04:20:09AM +1300, Ralph Versteegen wrote:
> 2008/9/9 James Paige <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com>:
> >>
> >> Darn it! I was really looking forward to writing that assembly second
> >> callstack hack.
> >
> > Assembly second callstack hack? What was that going to do? It sounds
> > dangerous
> >

> I mean the one that I suggested in the Plan for Battlescripting. The
> script interpreter would have had its own stack so that control could
> jump to a GOSUB in some other part of the code (namely, nextsay)
> without having to exit and reenter the interpreter.

Ah, I see. I kinda remmber that now. Sounds slightly less ominous than
what I was imagining (some such voodoo as GOSUB to a module level block
from within a SUB *shiver*)

SUBifying GOSUBs is getting easier for me. It's almost fun.