[Ohrrpgce] SVN: pkmnfrk/2428 Breaking the ground on my XML idea. for the time being, I'm not hacking

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Wed Nov 5 08:11:49 PST 2008

On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 12:03:28AM -0800, subversion at HamsterRepublic.com wrote:
> pkmnfrk
> 2008-11-05 00:03:27 -0800 (Wed, 05 Nov 2008)
> 467
> Breaking the ground on my XML idea. for the time being, I'm not hacking the OHR directly. Instead, I'm going to work on a separate "test" program.
>
> The main reason is because using libxml adds three DLLs as dependencies, and I'm going to try and make them all static libraries, or at least roll them into one DLL.
>
> I assume this is not such a big deal on Linux, since Linux users are used to having to apt-get a bunch of stuff before trying new things out, right? :P

I was reading up on the differences between XML, YAML and JSON. I really
liked the minimalism of those other formats. XML really is astonishingly
bulky.