[Dev] unintended consequence of canonizing slashes in asset names

Brian Fisher brian at hamsterrepublic.com
Tue Mar 25 21:56:38 PDT 2008

I understand why it's happening now (a derived class of Movement,
VelocityMovement is using the speed property as an AssetRef, so the
problem is on the base class init), but I don't understand what the
code is trying to achive - does it make sense for speed to do double
duty as an int and as a reference to an asset object of a speed style?

Does it make sense for a SpeedStyle object to be passed to Direction's
go function, when the function appears to expect a scalar distance?

or to put another way - is this really just exposing a code bug in sidescroller?