[Dev] SVN: james/501 Math Marauders: Now saves any changes you make to the map

Brian Fisher brian at hamsterrepublic.com
Fri Apr 11 13:39:02 PDT 2008

As soon as I pressed send, I realized maybe the issue here is that you don't
want the broken reference model at all - you want a completely different
model, that is a nearly identical mechanism... I guess what you want is to
say, I want an asset instance that uses assetID "blah" that exists even if I
don't have one on disk yet?

so it solves bootstrapping, but at the same time lets you edit that
bootstrapped item if you want?

I imagine it would be something like:
MapPouch.AddBootstrapObjectForAssetID("default", value)
where maybe value is optional?

... if that sounds good, what do you think of that name for it? basically I
want the name to be as clear as possible about what it does - it's setting
what value you should get for an asset of a particular id if it doesn't
exist on disk yet...