[Dev] SVN: james/296 sidescroller: adjust .image files to have registration points on the bot

James Paige Bob at HamsterRepublic.com
Tue Sep 18 12:28:00 PDT 2007

On Tue, Sep 18, 2007 at 12:09:26PM -0700, Brian Fisher wrote:
> haha... I guess the center change seems to be causing a bit of trouble?

No, not a big problem. It did make me think it would be nifty if
the editor were capable of doing mass-edits to objects that share
properties.

> FYI, the real rationale behind the change of the default is to be able
> to support a model that some artists at work like seamlessly -
> overrendering art with empty space, where the center of the image is
> where you want the reg point to be - the idea behind it is an artist
> can set a reg point without ever going into the editor (which is why
> the default has to be right for that model)
>
> So for this art, was bottom middle correct out of the box? I.e. did it
> require no tweaking or correcting at all in the editor?

Well, in that case, all my artwork already had manually positioned reg
points relative to the default bottom point. So when the default
changed, all those manual coordinates became relative to the center. So
I didn't have to move any points, I just had to set all the sprites back
to bottom.