[motherhamster] aligned tiles have gaps

Brian Fisher brian at hamsterrepublic.com
Thu May 10 14:33:59 PDT 2007

On 5/10/07, Bob the Hamster <Bob at hamsterrepublic.com> wrote:
> Do tiles automatically get antialiased? Because this is a 16x16 png with
> no transparency, and I am not scaling it at all.

I'm at work now, and can't remember - Not all cards even support
antialiasing the edges of the image, so I might have turned it off (it
only matters when art goes all the way to the edge, which isn't
necessarily a good thing).

There should be some "POLYGON_SMOOTH" or some such call in
displayGL.py that sets this, if you want to find out what it's doing.

I think what I really need to do is set up some sort of unit test or
something to figure out the right thing to do and force it.

> I'll try making sure I round my coords before drawing. I don't really
> need sub-pixel accuracy on drawing, just on movement velocity and such.

cool